Resources from "End White Silence" event (May 31, 2020)
Reaching out to Councilmembers (San Diegans for Justice)
- Interview with Alex Vitale, author of ‘The End of Policing’
- Think of what it means to feel ‘safe’ to you. What comes up?
- Slate: "Police Erupt in Violence Nationwide"
- The Guardian: "The answer to police violence is not 'reform'. It's defunding. Here's why"
- San Diego Union Tribune: "Report: Blacks stopped by police across the county at higher rates than Whites"
- 13th dir. Ava DuVernay (on Netflix)
- The New York Times 1619 Project and Podcast
- Letter from a Region in my Mind by James Baldwin
- How To Be An Anti-Racist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Me And White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
- Stamped From the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America by Ibram X. Kendi
- Whistling Vivaldi by Claude M. Steele
- An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
- Slavery By Another Name by Douglas A. Blackmon.
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin
- Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell (section on policing)